If you don't have a very specific image in mind when you start your planning your fairytale wedding, chances are great that no one will be able to tell that you were shooting for a fairytale wedding when you are finished except perhaps for the castle shaped votive candle holders gracing you reception tables or the shooting star themed bottle stoppers you are giving to your guests as favors.
When you set out to plan your fairytale wedding it's easy to let yourself get swayed by how cute some thing or some look is. Don't fall into that trap. Make sure it falls into your theme exactly. Oh, yes, many weddings have been planned in just that way and turned out very nice. But you want your fairytale wedding to be memorable - not 'very nice'.
Your Fairytale Romance is Unique
The answer, of course, is to choose a specific fairytale to base your wedding theme on. The classic, and the one that most people are thinking of when they say they want a fairy tale wedding is the classic story of Cinderella. Ask yourself what are the elements of the Cinderella story that make it identifiable. The pumpkin? The horse drawn carriage? The mice? The staircase? The slipper? Yes to all of them. Now take those elements and create a memorable fairytale wedding.
Fairytales are Grand Adventures
How? There are so many ways you can turn these into a fairytale wedding that will have people talking for a long time, but consider these options:
1) Hire a horse drawn carriage to deliver you to the wedding ceremony, take you and your new husband to the reception, and / or to whisk the two of you away to you honeymoon.
2) Forego making your entrance at the back of the church, and choose a location where there is, or you can have built, a staircase in the front for you to make your appearance just as Cinderella did.
3) Use pumpkins carved (there are expert pumpkin carvers in every community and if you can't find one any good woodworker could do it) with scenes from the story carved into the skin of the pumpkin and a candle inside to illuminate them.
4) Don't forget the music. Choose the classic dance music from the Disney version of the Cinderella story for your first dance.
5) Top the theme off with a wedding favor that nails the theme. Choose a fairytale themed carriage candle or place card holder. Or perhaps a Cinderella's shoe bottle opener, or Cinderella themed bottle stoppers with scenes from the Cinderella fairy tale.
The possibilities are endless. The point though is that it only takes a little bit of thought to turn that fairytale wedding from nice to unforgettable.