These free wedding speech writing do's and don'ts can be used for writing personal free wedding speeches.
- Start gathering information and ideas for wedding speech topics as soon as you are invited to speak.
- Know what your place is in the speaking order at the wedding party or ceremony. Do you have to reply a toast?
- Ask if the bridal couple wants you to speak about a special theme or speech topic.
- Don't be negative. Don't speak about very sad things in life, sex, politics and religion controversies. Always stay polite, this is an important free wedding speech writing tip.
- Don't offend the couple and it's family members, friends and guests.
- Don't come up with embarrassing relationships of the bride and groom in the past. Especially affairs of the groom with other women :-)
- Use a conversational and friendly tone, avoid formal language. Try to see the whole writing process as writing a letter to a friend.
Yes, but what should I say? - you're asking. Well, in general wedding speech topics can be divided in 5 categories:
- Welcome and congratulations
- Compliments and personal notes
- Key events
- Stories and anecdotes
- Wishes and toasts
And you know what? This is a small, simple and effective free wedding speech template, based on my Top 30 Free Wedding Speech Topics - just pick out the sample wedding speech ideas you need.
The two main criteria are: the style of the ceremony and the kind of speech you have to give. I wish you good luck with implementing these tips and topics in your own free wedding speech!