First before picking your wedding party they should be dependable, trustworthy, have reliable transportation, have the means to pay for their necessities (shoes, tux, dress etc.) and they should be a close friend or family member.
Below I have listed some of the duties of your wedding party. I am sure you will be able to think of some more things that you can delegate to your party members. So most of all when it comes to their duties do not be afraid to ask your wedding party members for help that is what they are their for.
(Usually your brother or best friend)
- Plans the bachelor party
- Helps you dress the day of the wedding
- Holds the brides ring the day of the wedding
- Your best man should have a well written toast and will be the first person to toast the day of the wedding
- He will help you with all of your planning of the honeymoon and other activities involved after the wedding.
- Helps you with the clean up process and returning tuxedo's
- Helps relay information to the groomsmen and ushers
Groomsmen and Ushers
(Usually your close friends and family members)
- Should escort wedding guests to their seats
- Helps run errands and with any problems that may occur
- Helps bridesmaids escort wedding accessories and other decor to the specified area
- Helps the best man plan the bachelor party
- Decorate the couples transportation before they leave the ceremony
The maid of honor
(Usually your sister or best friend)
- She should attend all of your parties, showers and other events that are involved in the wedding planning process
- She should help you with your makeup and dress the day of the wedding
- She will hold your bouquet and groom's ring the day of the wedding
- She should have a well written toast for the rehearsal dinner or reception
- She will help arrange your train before you walk down the aisle, adjust your veil and bustle
- She should be willing to help you run errands and relay information to the rest of the wedding party
(Usually close friends and family members)
- Helps keep young children entertained and in line the day of the wedding
- They should help run any errands and help with any problems that may occur
- Should attend the parties, showers and other events that involve the wedding planning process if they are able
- Help transport your decorations, accessories to the specified area
- Should help the photographer find the most important members of your wedding (family member and friends)
Just remember these are your friends and family they are in the wedding for you and to make your day special and memorable.