OK, it is that time of your wedding planning process to choose your groomsmen. You are worried about choosing one person and not the other. This can be a very frustrating time for some grooms. So below I have listed a few things you will need to consider when choosing your groomsmen and best man.
The best man is usually the brother or closest friend of the groom. The best man will have many duties he will need to perform to make sure the wedding runs smoothly. He will need to be reliable, responsible and have the means to perform his job. So below I have listed a few tips for the Best Man.
Best Man responsibilities and duties
- Plan a bachelor party for the groom
- Purchase or rent a tuxedo and accessories
- Be reliable and available at all times
- Make sure the groom follows his schedule the day of the wedding
- Help the groom get dressed the day of the wedding
- Hold the brides ring
- Make the first toast to the newly formed couple
- Sign the witness box on the marriage certificate
- Walk down the aisle with the maid of honor and have at least one dance with her at the wedding
- Help the groom pack and get ready for the honeymoon
- Attend all events associated with the wedding (rehearsals, pictures, showers etc.)
When choosing your groomsmen you should pick family members or close friends. Choosing your groomsmen can be a very hard task for one who has lots of friends and family members that they are close to. Your groomsmen should be responsible, dependable and have the means to perform their job. So if they have those three traits then they are a good candidate.
- Purchase or rent tuxedo and accessories
- Help the Best man pay and plan for the bachelor party
- Help the best man and groom plan and pack for the honeymoon
- If possible attend the events associated with the wedding (rehearsals, pictures, showers etc.)
- Help the best man and groom prepare the day of the wedding
- Help seat the guests at the ceremony
- Walk down the aisle with other bridesmaids and have at least one dance with her at the wedding
- Escort mother of the groom and mother of the bride to their seats
Most of all remember your groomsmen and best man are in the wedding for you so do not be afraid to ask for help with anything.